We are seeking Senior Full Stack Engineers to join a high-paced team of 8 to 16 engineers, marketers, business developers, and product managers (like a small startup) to test an entirely new technology-focused business line and distribution channel. We’re looking for ways to turbocharge the adoption of an already successful open source project. Are you passionate about empowering developers to move quickly and scaling open source projects? Join us!
Responsibilities will vary frequently. We wear several hats and it's likely this role will span working with developers within Spotify, in the open-source community, and across thousands of companies. We want someone who’s passionate about this type of environment.
What you'll do
- Be part of a cross-functional team of different domain professionals working closely with our open-source community
- Contribute to the cultivation and growth of the Backstage developer community
- Identify points of friction in the adoption and integration experience of Backstage
- Help make the developer experience seamless for all developers across thousands of companies
- Promote sound engineering practices, iterate on technical strategy and architecture
- Collaborate with other specialists, product managers, and designers to identify and seek challenges, crafting an awesome engineering experience for the open-source community and internal Spotify engineering teams
- Initiate, influence and drive technical projects and community programs
- Support in identifying and implementing measurements of success for the team
Who you are
- You have extensive experience with modern web development and are interested in working across the stack
- You are comfortable around infrastructure
- You have experience developing resources to support a developer platform (i.e. documentation, tutorials, sample apps, API client libraries)
- You have worked on or contributed to large scale open-source projects
- You are a great influencer with superb communication skills, you love sharing your knowledge with others and helping them grow
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.