We are looking for a back-end Software Engineer to help us build the next generation of our upsell decisions platform. You will join the Nor1 Tech team, who are a collaborative group of engineers, product managers, and data scientists. Rather quickly, we will look to your technical expertise to create reliable, scalable, and high-performance components.
- Own the design, implementation, testing, and maintenance of our backend components: applications, data, infrastructure, analytics, and deployment.
- Establish architectural principles, select design patterns, and lead engineers on their applications.
- Work with the team to investigate design approaches, prototype new technology, and evaluate technical feasibility.
- Stay current with best practices and emerging technologies to incorporate into our operations and stack.
Skills & Qualifications
- 5 years experience with building high-performance, highly-available and scalable distributed systems.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a related technical field preferred.
- High Proficiency in Python;
- Proficiency with Docker and containerized micro services in major clouds (AWS, GCS, Azure…)
- PHP or NodeJS is a plus.
- Experience with MySQL and MongoDB data stores.
- Know-how with secure coding practices, e.g. OWASP guidelines, is preferred.
- Developed and deployed applications on AWS; integration with AWS managed services is a plus.
- Have DevOps mentality, reduce friction with automation.
- Working understanding of CI/CD and configuration management.
- Exposure to machine learning pipelines and online inference
- A willingness to dive deep, experiment rapidly, and get things done.
Nor1 Technology Stack
- MongoDB, MySQL, Redshift, Redis
- NginX, Route53, Apache, ELB
- Mix of AWS cloud services and IBM Cloud (bare metal servers)
- Centos, Amazon Linux, Windows Server
- Docker, Swarm, K8s
- OpsGenie, Jira, Confluence, Nagios, Pingdom, ELK stack, Docker, Detectify, Tennable.io