If you're a young & hungry video editor obsessed with business & investing YouTube channels -- then you're what I'm looking for!
Bonus points if you're a creator trying to get their own channel off the ground, or an aspiring entrepreneur trying to get started in the business world...
WHO ARE WE?
We're one of the largest business training sites online -- StartupBros -- and we help new entrepreneurs launch or grow their online businesses (through online coaching, in-person events, and lots more)...
You'll be working directly with our Founder, Will Mitchell -- who has coached hundreds of new entrepreneurs to launch 7-figure+ businesses.
WHY WE NEED YOU
We're looking to pump out a LOT more content on YouTube, and need your help to make it happen!
I'm NOT looking for your "average employee". I'm looking for a future all-star who can amaze our audience with everything they do -- someone who's constantly striving to make everything a little bit better...
Your work will be the MAIN thing our audience interacts with, and you'll need to consistently blow them away...
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Edit down raw video footage into fun, engaging YouTube videos
- Add animated text, simple transitions, and news-style image overlays
- Create simple motion graphics & screen sharing examples to show headlines, quotes, or display tutorial examples
- Jump cuts.......so many jumpcuts......
- Add (and ideate) funny memes, movie clips, sound effects, editing tricks, bloopers -- all to make videos more engaging
- Add template overlays like subscribe/like screens or comment reminders
- Apply color grading and general image correction to video
- Continue Developing Your Skills (become better & more efficient over time)
- Create standardization, templates, precomps, etc to speed up workflow
- In general -- Assemble on Best Possible Takes / B-Roll / Motion Gfx / etc into best possible video
- Process final videos into marketing assets as needed
You can check out our latest YouTube video for an example of what the fully processed final version needs to look like -- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=If2lcALxOvA
There's a certain style that we're looking for. You must be able to cut down raw takes into the most engaging and fun-to-watch version possible. If you're not confident you can make someone laugh AND learn something with your editing -- please don't apply!
- Premiere Pro & After Effects (Intermediate or better)
- Video Editing (including motion graphics, special effects, subtitling, and MEMES)
- Creative & Technical Ability to Deliver Engaging Content Quickly
- Proficient with cloud computing tools like Dropbox and remote work tools like Slack
- Highly Detail Oriented (Near Perfectionist)
- Ability to work on tight deadlines with a consistent level of quality & output
- Ability to work autonomously & independently, continued improvement with little direction
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION NEEDED
None :) We just want someone who is able to process our raw video into it's super-engaging and educational final form -- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=If2lcALxOvA
WHAT TO DO NEXT???
If you are interested, please reveal your favorite Keanu Reeves movie in your cover letter...
Congrats, you made it to the end...
What are you waiting for? Apply now! https://apply.workable.com/j/46EC52490B
- Fully Remote Job (with the occasional opportunity to travel around the world, meet 'business celebrities', & have tons of fun with customers at our conferences & events)
- Extremely flexible schedule (as long as you're hitting deadlines with consistent quality)
- Work directly with successful, high-energy business owners & entrepreneurs every single day (your co-workers, our partners, and thousands of our customers)
- Company sponsored online training/courses, conferences/events, personal coaching -- we'll help develop your skills further!
- Get exposed to people making money and building businesses in all sorts of funky ways (this is a great position for future entrepreneurs)
- Lots of knowledge on how to build your own business & make money for yourself (80% of our team members have their own side-businesses)
- Generous PTO (Paid Time Off) & Vacation Policies
- Money :)