We are looking for a Lead Full Stack Web Developer to join the Scalable Path team and work on a client project. This is a remote, full-time position.
CLIENT COMPANY DESCRIPTION:
The client is looking to pave new pathways in the way that users collaborate on, share and consume stories through text and video. Think of YouTube reimagined, telling stories around the campfire.
The web and mobile app have been live for over 2 years. The mobile app has trended in the app/play stores multiple times and business is growing every day.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
As the Lead Web Developer, you will be involved with designing solutions, managing product backlogs, and solving technical challenges within a distributed team of full-stack developers. You will be working on the client's existing live web application built primarily in React, Node.js, and MongoDB on AWS.
In your role as a developer, you will deliver high quality, responsive, and performant features on time, making sure that production deploys go smoothly. You will perform code reviews for other developers and improve your code when it is reviewed. You will be required to attend daily meetings and occasionally share your screen to demonstrate your work. You will take ownership of your stories and see to it that they are tested by the QA team and, finally, you will see each story through deployment.
In your role as a leader, you will ask questions, raise concerns and keep the big picture in mind while fostering a positive, cohesive team environment. You will be responsible for overseeing software architecture and keeping abreast of new libraries, packages, and processes. You will mentor other developers by performing code reviews and sharing knowledge. You may act as Scrum Master and work closely with the Product Owner planning sprints and managing the backlog in Jira.
The ideal candidate will have experience working with high traffic systems, scalability, highly performant and fault-tolerant APIs and excel at leading a remote team.
RELATIONSHIPS - WHO YOU'LL BE WORKING WITH:
You will initially report to the project lead and eventually directly to the CEO. You will participate in daily standup meetings with the web developers, QA engineers, and the hands-on Product Owner & CEO. The team operates during PDT business hours. There is an existing daily meeting at 8:00am America/Los Angeles (-08:00) PST.
- Experience as a lead developer, architect, development manager, Scrum Master or other role with significant hands-on responsibility
- Excellent experience with React, Redux, NodeJS and Express
- Excellent experience with MongoDB Atlas including managing clusters
- Excellent experience AWS services: EKS, EC2, CloudFront, CloudWatch, ElastiCache, ElasticSearch and others
- Excellent experience with high traffic systems and scalability
- Excellent experience with CSS & SASS
- Knowledge of potential security issues and mitigation techniques
- Strong written and spoken English
- Able to build highly performant and fault-tolerant APIs
- Able to work well on a remote, multi-national team with Agile and Scrum
- Ability to work during PDT timezone business hours
DESIRED (NICE-TO-HAVE) SKILLS:
- Experience as a Scrum Master (certified preferred)
- Experience with Next.js and Server Side Rendering
- Experience with ElasticSearch
- Experience with Redis
- Experience with AWS DevOps (EKS, EC2, CloudFront + more) and MongoDB Atlas
As soon as possible.
EXPECTED CONTRACT DURATION:
Ongoing long term
The pay rate for this role is from $40 to $60 USD per hour, depending on experience and capability.
And reach thousands of people that are willing to work for you