Thinkful is launching a new immersive data analytics program which aims to be the best in-class remote, full-time data science program offered today. As part of this effort, we're looking for a data analytics subject matter expert to join us in executing on our content roadmap for this exciting new program. You will be creating the backbone of a new program that propels people from into an impactful career as Data Analysts. You'll produce written content, lesson plans including instructor notes and student activity descriptions, presentation decks, code assets, and written content, all to support our students as they learn the core skills of data science. Your work product will be extremely impactful, as it forms the core asset around which the daily experience of our students will revolve.
- Consistently deliver content that meets spec and is on time to support our program launch roadmap.
- Create daily lesson plans consisting of
- Presentation decks that instructors use to lecture students on a given learning objective.
- Instructor notes that instructors use alongside
- Activity descriptions — these are notes describing tasks students complete together in order to advance the learning objective in a given lecture.
- Creates curriculum checkpoint content on specific learning objectives. In addition to the in-class experience, our students also spend time reading and completing tasks for a written curriculum hosted on the Thinkful platform.
- Creates code assets to support lesson plans, student activities, and written curriculum content.
- Iterates on deliverables based on user feedback
- 3+ years of hands-on experience as a business analyst, data analyst, research analyst, product analyst, or similar functional role within an organization
- Know the difference between using data to tell stories vs. telling stories about data, and intuitively understand that it is the former that drives business value
- Comfortable collecting, blending, munging, cleaning, and analyzing disparate data sources using tools like Excel, Tableau, and Python
- Collaborative.You enjoy partnering with people and have excellent project management skills and follow through
- Excellent writing skills. You've got a gift for writing about complicated concepts in a beginner-friendly way. You can produce high-quality prose as well as high-quality presentations.
Compensation and Benefit
- Contract position with a collaborative team
- Ability to work remotely with flexible hours
- Access to all available course curriculum for personal use
- Membership to a global community of over 500 Software Engineers, Developers, and Data Scientists who, like you, want to keep their skills sharp and help learners break into the industry