HashiCorp’s Packer is an open source project that automates the building of machine images across cloud provider and virtualization tools. It is used for business critical operations around the world, at start-ups and Fortune 500 companies. Candidates will need to manage the complexity of a broad integration portfolio, while at the same time keeping the project focused by adhering to the Tao of Hashicorp.
We want you to contribute to the development and maintenance of Packer in tight collaboration with the growing Packer community, utilizing operations and engineering skills to work across a diverse set of infrastructure providers.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Support integrations with new and existing infrastructure providers.
- Help support open source contributors, new and seasoned, with supportive and constructive code review, documentation improvements, and workflow changes.
- Work on Packer issues and improvements critical to the success of HashiCorp customers and the broader community.
You may be a good fit for our team if:
- You have experience writing Go or another strongly typed & statically compiled language like C/C++
- You have experience with customer support or OSS community support to help interface with the Packer community.
- You have experience operating and maintaining production systems in a Linux and public cloud environment.
- You are familiar with infrastructure management concepts and ecosystem.
- You have experience using Packer and care about its users' experience.
- US, Canada, UK, Netherlands, Germany