- Ground-floor engineering role at venture-backed startup (TenOneTen Ventures, Jason Calacanis)
- Position is entirely remote, forever, with the option to work at our Boulder, Colorado HQ if desired
- Significant equity package, huge upside revolutionizing a $20 trillion (yes, with a t) global industry
- Salary range from $130k - $170k, unlimited PTO, competitive health benefits, wellness incentives
- Epic team of A+ players, executing and having a ton of fun doing it. We’d love to have you join us!
Email email@example.com with your resume under the subject “Lead Backend Engineer” to apply. Feel free to include your GitHub, past work portfolio, or any other indicators of your awesomeness!
SparkPlug is Google Ads for brick and mortar -- allowing consumer brands to bid on in-store influence. In complex CPG verticals like beauty, outdoor gear, and legal cannabis, customers rely on the product recommendation of point-of-purchase experts up to 92% of the time. SparkPlug allows brands to directly reward these key influencers for every sale they generate with cash via gamified commissions, contests, and goals. We drive more revenue for brands, improve employee performance for retailers, and empower frontline workers across the world with fair compensation and economic equality, all based on the sales revenue they generate each day.
We’re a Boulder, CO-based company hiring for a ground-floor engineer to help us enter the hyper-growth phase. We’re backed by top VCs and angels like TenOneTen Ventures, the inventors of Google AdSense, Jason Calacanis, and the CEO of Foursquare, and we’re working to revolutionize the future of the nearly 20 trillion-dollar global brick and mortar retail market. We solve problems for some of the most interesting consumer product verticals around, and we need rockstar engineers who can help us build big data with front end applications and a cloud infrastructure to support it -- all using modern front-end and back-end technologies.
Some of our current technology stack includes the following:
- Amazon Web Services (S3, RDS, EC2, Elastic Beanstalk)
- You are a highly motivated software engineer ready to work on a growing development team building a software platform from the ground up.
- You are a personable team player with strong written communication skills.
- You can adapt quickly and easily as priorities change in this fast-paced startup environment and enjoy rapid iteration without sacrificing quality as we take on a variety of different problems and technologies.
- You can give and receive feedback and are willing to teach others as our team grows.
- You can work remotely and manage your own time effectively.
- You want to help us grow our business with software and own significant portions of the product.
About the Position
- Web API Design
- Writing documentation
- Writing automated tests
- Building and deploying to live environments
- Troubleshooting, testing, and debugging new and existing systems
- Designing features and writing specifications
- Implementing features according to specification
- Working with the front-end team to support new product features
- Comply with established policies and patterns adopted by the team
- Minimum of 10 years of professional experience building cloud applications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science (or relevant field)
- Expert knowledge and experience using Node.js, Typescript, and MongoDB
- Expert knowledge and experience deploying backend web applications on Amazon AWS
- Strong understanding of the fundamentals of building software
- Basic understanding of standard development tools such as version control, command line interfaces, project management, etc...
Nice to Haves
- Knowledge and/or experience developing front-end web technology
- Knowledge and/or experiencing building production quality front-end web applications with React
- Basic understanding of big data
How to Apply
Send an email with the subject “Lead Backend Engineer” with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org