This is going to be brief because this job description is being written by someone who would rather be writing software. We need a talented developer with experience building web applications — both the client side (frontend) and the server side (backend). If this is you, keep reading.
What you’ll be doing
- Working on our backend web services in Golang.
- Working on our React+Redux web client.
- Exploring new technologies; e.g. we are currently experimenting with cloud functions and serverless architecture.
- Brainstorming new features alongside our design and product team.
- Supervising & code reviewing freelance & contract developers.
Why you’ll want to make the team
- Clean, modern tech stack with no legacy systems to maintain.
- The ability to work from anywhere.
- Career advancement. We are growing rapidly and early hires are likely to advance quickly to more senior roles as the company expands.
- Competitive salary with stock options available.
- Season tickets to your local Junior hockey club.
- $2,000 per year and 2 weeks time off for professional development.
- Some sweet swag.
- Canadian residency.
- 3+ years professional experience as a software developer/engineer.
- Experience with at least one component-based frontend framework like React.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.