CLIENT COMPANY DESCRIPTION:
The client is located in the UK and is in the education industry.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The companies infrastructure comprises a number of services mainly using Symfony, but Laravel, Node, and other technologies also play a part, utilizing both AWS and GCP for various solutions.
You will be working as part of a small, self-motivated team, to:
- add new functionality to existing applications
- play a part in the design and architecture of new software
- assist in the upkeep, monitoring, and enhancement of the entire tech stack
The team is based across a range of time zones and works very flexibly with a daily connection point on a video call. That call is currently daily at 12 noon GMT but can be reviewed at any point to ensure it continues to work for all team members. The Atlassian suite (Bitbucket, Jira, and Confluence) is used to manage projects, along with common pull requests and code review processes.
RELATIONSHIPS - WHO YOU'LL BE WORKING WITH:
You will be working with an existing development team. There is an existing daily meeting at 12:00pm Europe/London (+00:00) GMT.
- Strong written and spoken English communication skills
- PHP (Symfony)
- DevOps experience (Docker)
DESIRED (NICE-TO-HAVE) SKILLS:
- Mongo DB
- A modern JS framework (Vue, React, Angular, etc.)
- AWS or GCP
- Experience of event-driven services
- Big data tools (e.g. Spark, Hadoop)
As soon as possible.
EXPECTED CONTRACT DURATION:
6 months and potentially longer (if things go well)
The pay rate for this role is from $25 to $40 USD per hour, depending on experience and capability.
And reach thousands of people that are willing to work for you