As an engineer on the Android team at Plex you will be part of a small distributed team responsible for building & maintaining one of the most-watched & highest-rated streaming apps on Android Mobile and Android TV devices. You will collaborate with other teams across the organization to deliver new features, as well as working on bug fixes, code reviews, and participating in key decisions that drive the team & product forward.
Who You Are:
- You have significant mobile engineering experience (5 years or more)
- You have experience writing code in multiple languages such as Kotlin, Java, Swift or Objective-C
- You have familiarity with the MVVM design pattern.
- You’re kind, helpful, smart, and get stuff done.
- You’re self motivated and able to work well in a distributed team across the globe.
- You’re a software engineer with experience working in groups, but with the ability to work independently.
- You believe in asking for help and helping others when they ask, never throwing a problem over the wall.
- You thrive in a fast paced environment, with an ability to be nimble and shift priorities as called for in a dynamic space.
- You are hungry to have an impact, continuously working to improve our product, process and push the team to be it’s best.
In Addition, It would be Great if:
- You’ve worked with playback technologies such as Exoplayer.
- You have experience working with multiple languages, technologies and platforms including multi platform technologies.
- You are familiar with the challenges of working with large codebases.
- You have experience working with client-server based apps, and debugging network requests.
- You have experience working with TV applications and managing interaction from input devices.
- You have experience with reactive programming tools.
Life at Plex
Plex is one of the most-watched and highly-rated streaming apps on virtually every top media streaming platform, including Roku, Apple TV, Fire TV, Chromecast, iOS, Android, and many more. We have a simple yet ambitious mission: to help people easily discover, enjoy, and share all of their media across all of their devices. We've made great progress towards this mission, and we have millions of happy customers, but we still have a long way to go!
What sets us apart
- We have always been a distributed organization, with people making great things happen in nearly 20 different countries and 11 time zones. Above all else, we value kindness, humility, and helpfulness.
- We support every major platform, including desktops, mobile devices, smart TVs, streaming devices, and gaming consoles, providing an opportunity to work across platforms and teams to push Plex forward.
- We are passionate about our mission and we work hard, while still providing flexibility around a schedule that works for you.
- We're kind, helpful, smart, get stuff done, and thrive in a startup environment.
- We're self-motivated and able to work well in a distributed office.
- We believe in asking for help and helping others when they ask, never throwing a problem over the wall.
- We work in six-week cycles to create short-term focus and know that the opportunity to adapt or work on something new is always around the corner.
Sounds interesting? We're looking for software engineers who love media and are ready to join us to have a material impact in Plex's growth and success.
Plex is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. Plex is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Unlimited time off
- Paid parental leave
- Hardware stipend
- Flextime, work from anywhere
- Comprehensive health insurance (medical/dental/vision) (US employees)
- 401k (US employees)
- Plex for the Planet community service opportunities