Evertel Technologies currently seeks a React Native Developer to join our team as a full-time REMOTE developer.
Evertel is a communication platform (mobile, desktop and web) for government (think Slack for government). We are a small team entering a rapid growth mode serving Law Enforcement, Fire, Paramedic, and City Government, providing secure, federally compliant, real-time communication and collaboration tools.
We are looking for a React Native developer interested in building highly performant and highly secure mobile apps on both the iOS and Android platforms. You will be responsible for improving and growing the feature-set of our existing applications, as well as coordinating with those responsible for other layers of the product infrastructure. Building a product is a highly collaborative effort, and as such, a strong team player with a commitment to perfection is required.
- Build pixel-perfect, buttery smooth UIs across both mobile platforms.
- Leverage native APIs for deep integrations with both platforms.
- Diagnose and fix bugs and performance bottlenecks for performance that feels native.
- Reach out to the open source community to encourage and help implement mission-critical software fixes—React Native moves fast and often breaks things.
- Maintain code and write automated tests to ensure the product is of the highest quality.
- 3+ years experience writing code and building software
- 1+ years of development with React Native
- Strong knowledge of functional and object-oriented programming
- Rock solid at working with third-party dependencies and debugging dependency conflicts
- Familiarity with native build tools, like XCode and Android Studio
- Understanding of REST APIs, the document request model, and offline storage
- Experience with automated testing suites, like Jest or
- Familiarity and experience with MobX. We use MobX for state management extensively
- iOS (Swift and Objective-C) native development experience a plus
- Android (Java) native development experience a plus
- A U.S. citizen and live in the U.S.
- Fluent in both verbal and written English
- Available for full-time work (40 hrs/week)
- Self motivated and can work independently