Scalable Path is looking for a Senior Full-Stack PHP (Symfony) Developer to join the team and work on a client project. This is a remote, full-time position.
CLIENT COMPANY DESCRIPTION:
The client is a fast-growing B2B SaaS start-up looking to disrupt a growing niche segment of the insurance distribution industry in the US. Long-term, they plan to evolve into a B2B marketplace.
The pay rate for this role is from $30 - $55 USD per hour, depending on experience and capability.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The client has an existing web application built on Symfony. It is an insurance agency management system that is being significantly extended over the coming year.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Adding new features to the web app
- Designing their API
- Integrating with 3rd parties
- Writing automated tests (unit tests, functional tests, and static analysis)
- Documenting the application in their READMEs and wiki (Tettra)
- Helping with DevOps and the deployment pipeline that uses Github Actions (if you have this background)
Some of the general traits they're looking for:
- You can take ownership of a task or project and push it forward to completion
- You are comfortable working remotely and know how to stay organized and ask for what you need
- You know how to strike the right balance between speed and quality
They use Clubhouse.io for task tracking and collaboration and PHPUnit, PHPspec, and Jasmine for testing.
RELATIONSHIPS - WHO YOU'LL BE WORKING WITH:
You working with a development team consists of 3 developers in Wales, 1 developer in Austin, Texas, 1 developer in Brazil, and a Product Owner in Hungary. There is an existing daily meeting at 11:00 am America/New York (-05:00) EST.
As soon as possible.
EXPECTED CONTRACT DURATION:
Up to 6 months, possibly longer if things go well.
The client is open to working with candidates who can work part-time to start and then transition to full time within a month.
And reach thousands of people that are willing to work for you