We are looking for a Senior Full-Stack Drupal Developer to work on a client project. This role is only available to developers based in the US. This is a remote, part-time position (approximately 4 hours/day).
CLIENT COMPANY DESCRIPTION:
The client is a consulting agency that helps enterprise organizations to better understand their problems and identify opportunities where Open Source technologies can be utilized to solve these problems.
What makes this agency stand apart is that all engineers work within a proprietary development framework which improves the accuracy of estimations and the quality of the code. This process has checks and balances which allow the developers to make the most of their time.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
As a Senior Full-stack Drupal Developer, you will be working with a well-known government research laboratory to migrate a large number of sites from Drupal 7 to Drupal 8. This will involve both back-end site-building and front-end theming.
A core part of excelling in this project will involve following the client's development process. This includes:
- Suggesting alternative solutions to tasks in order to achieve estimates
- Keeping track of time by ticket number using Toggl time tracking tool
- Being aware of estimates on tickets and doing everything you can do to hit estimates, including offering implementation compromises up to your project manager and the client
- Keeping track of JIRA tickets and ensuring your ticket statuses are up to date.
As a candidate, you will be humble, honest, hungry and smart - your preferred working style will be organized, systematic, and logical. You will also have the ability to work in a team and grow from constructive feedback.
RELATIONSHIPS - WHO YOU'LL BE WORKING WITH:
You will be reporting to the agency Principal who is also a senior software engineer. There is an existing daily meeting at 11:00am America/Los Angeles (-07:00) PDT.
- 3-5 years of experience with advanced Drupal development
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with Git
- Experience with Drupal 7 & 8
DESIRED (NICE-TO-HAVE) SKILLS:
- Computer Science degree or comparable solid knowledge and real-world programming experience
- Contribution to at least one Open Source project
- Linux admin capabilities
- Experience with Pantheon for hosting
- Experience with Symfony outside of Drupal
- Experience with Drupal 6
As soon as possible.
EXPECTED CONTRACT DURATION:
The pay rate for this role is from $30 to $125 USD per hour, depending on experience and capability.
The client prefers someone who is looking for part-time work and is open to working as an hourly employee. You must be a U.S. citizen to apply since the project you will be working on is for the U.S. government.
f you're interested, please DO NOT apply via StackOverflow - follow the link below and click the "Login to Apply" button:
And reach thousands of people that are willing to work for you