CleanSpark is looking for a software engineer to play a key role in our team. In this role, you will be instrumental in the development and testing of our two cloud-based SaaS platforms. mPulse is a hybrid cloud solution comprising microservices and processes that, combined, monitor and control electric microgrids and renewable resources. mVSO is an advanced modeling solution for both grid-connected and off-grid microgrids. You will play an integral part in continuing the growth of our quality- and transparency-driven development culture and the advancement of microgrid technology.
The CleanSpark development team has been remote-first from the beginning and thrives across all of the North American time zones. CleanSpark is committed to crafting a diverse team and encourages applications from historically underrepresented communities within technologies. We are focused on a supportive culture including both formal and informal internal mentorship and career development.
Compensation within the advertised range will be commensurate with experience.
- Develop highly technical features to run in the cloud using Azure Service Fabric
- Implement unit and integration level tests to ensure code quality
- Participate in code reviews and knowledge-sharing activities
- Help support existing customers on our production platforms
- Requirements and implementation documentation
- Collaboration with technical stakeholders to ensure proper understanding and implementation of requirements
Skills and Requirements
- 2-3 years (for junior candidates) or 5+ years (for mid- to senior-level candidates) professional experience as a software engineer with .NET development as second-nature
- Comfort with complex software concepts such as: SOA and SOLID principles, cloud design patterns, and various database structures (relational, document, key/value)
- Hands-on expertise with automated unit and integration testing
- Strong communication skills in a distributed environment, both written and verbal, as well as an independent work ethic
- Experience with building, troubleshooting, and running distributed, service based systems
- Bonus points for:
- hands-on experience with developing for the cloud: Azure (preferred) or AWS
- a science or math background
- experience working remotely on a distributed team
- a sparkling personality and positive attitude!
To be considered, you MUST respond to this ad with answers to the following questions:
- Confirm that your salary falls within the stated range.
- Have you worked remotely or with a largely remote team before COVID?
- What part of your experience and skills do you feel will help you contribute to the position at CleanSpark?
- In medium detail, please describe the most interesting or challenging task you’ve faced in the past few years.
- All applicants are asked to complete a short take-home coding exercise. Are you willing to do this as part of our interview process?
NOTE: we will only accept candidates from the United States and Canada. We will be in contact with you within 2 business days if we are interested in moving forward.