We are looking for a Android Mobile App Developer to join Scalable Path and work on a client project. This is a remote, part-time position (approximately 4 hours/day).
CLIENT COMPANY DESCRIPTION:
The client has been making software for the golf industry for over 20 years, yet the company has a startup feel. With about six thousand golf instructors using the technology to make golfers better, the company is primed to sell to the 25 million golfers in the U.S and those on a global scale.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The client has a golf instruction application where golf players can shoot video of their golf swing and share the videos with instructors in order to get feedback (in the form of recorded audio). The desktop version of their software is the most popular followed by their mobile app. The iOS app has received more attention than the Android app, so the Android app needs some work to bring it up to the standard set by the other versions.
There are actually two separate mobile applications (one for the students who need instruction and one for the professionals who instruct them). You will not be starting from scratch, but rather will be improving the existing applications.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features.
- Work closely with product management and UX to execute an idea from concept to delivery using excellent software design, coding, and processes.
- Work on bug fixes and improving application performance.
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
- Maintain code, projects, drafts, files, and scripts in an organized manner that allows other team members to make edits/suggestions/changes.
- Integrate with our back-end services to make sure we are delivering a great mobile user experience that is super-fast for end users.
- Help improve code quality through writing unit tests, automation and performing code reviews.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions and have the chance to contribute innovative and original ideas to our technology, algorithms, and product in a highly collaborative, team-oriented environment.
RELATIONSHIPS - WHO YOU'LL BE WORKING WITH:
You'll be working with the Director of Technology, an iOS developer and other internal team members. The client is in the America/Detroit (-05:00) EST time zone.
- 5+ years of professional Android development experience using Java as the primary language
- Experience publishing Android apps to the Play Store
- Familiarity with Google’s Developer Portal and the App lifecycle
- Strong knowledge of platform-related UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to effectively write code for a multitude of Android devices and form factors
- Familiarity with the use of additional sensors, such as biometrics, cameras, and accelerometers
- Experience with video technologies, compression and related libraries
- Experience working with JNI and the Android NDK
- Experience interfacing with RESTful APIs
- Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
DESIRED (NICE-TO-HAVE) SKILLS:
- Experience with C/C++ programming
As soon as possible.
EXPECTED CONTRACT DURATION:
The pay rate for this role is from $30 to $55 USD per hour, depending on experience and capability.
And reach thousands of people that are willing to work for you